Sunday, October 26, 2008

On to more technicalities

Ok, I've hopefully done as much screwing up as I'm going to. For anyone still with me here, I'd like to do one post to collect number of yarn-based crafters and one for fabric-based. If you do both, put your name in each. That way the number of comments = the number of potential squares available for each medium, and we can see if there are enough to stick with single-medium blankets or not. Again, putting your name in does NOT mean you have to make one each time, especially if you do both - I certainly don't want you to do one of each every time! It's just to get an idea of the overall maximum potential.

This post: Comment if you do yarn-based squares.

20 comments:

car said...

I do yarn! Knit, but I can't crochet to save my life. My grandmother tried to teach me, but it never stuck.

The Bald Soprano said...

I knit and crochet. Pretty quickly, too, when we're talking 7 inch squares.

Beth said...

I knit and crochet both.

Luna said...

I knit and crochet, and turning out 7 inch squares doesn't take me too long.

Kathy said...

I crochet, and agree that a 7" square wont take terribly long.

I have been meaning to learn how to knit for... 5 years now and have ~still~ not gotten around to it.

RedEmma said...

I'm like car: I knit, but I crochet terribly.

MB said...

both knitting and crocheting here!

Aunty Bertha said...

I too am like car - I knit, but no matter how hard grandma tried to teach me to crochet, I just never got it.

kate said...

I knit--I can crochet if I have to, but am much better at the knitting.

Octi said...

I mostly crochet, but I can knit a square. Chances are, whatever I send would be crochet, because it is muchmuchmuch faster for me.

rrp said...

I'm another knitter.

RubyRomaine said...

I do both. I would like to make scarves for shakers who need warm and stylish protection from the cold. My scarves are pretty flashy.

How are you going to determine who gets a gift?

car said...

Anne - trying to get that determined via email, but hitting a snag in trying to figure out how do do a distribution list properly. Hopefully this week it will get ironed out.

Nicole said...

I knit. I'm working on a 7-inch boucle square right now. (Sorry, I've been AFK awhile.)

Solitary Crafter said...

I crochet, but knitting is eluding me. I can do the knit stitch but reversing it for purl...well, I can crochet!

Anonymous said...

I crochet, and I would also be happy to help fulfill the scarf needs of Shakesville. I once crocheted a Doctor scarf (I know the original was knitted, but I don't knit) and I wear and 8-foot rainbow around my neck during the winter.

Oh yeah, I do granny squares too. ;-)

InfamousQBert said...

knitting, please!

Anonymous said...

I knit.

Anonymous said...

I knit and crochet.t

kimberst said...

Knitter here! Kathy, if you want to learn knitting, check out knittinghelp.com. Its an awesome resource.